SkyWay-CM: 11,18,23 GHz
In response to the growing dominance of IP as the carrier protocol over TDM, the SkyWay-CM Series focuses on serving the backhaul needs of nextgeneration all IP networks for network operators and enterprises.
The SkyWay-CM Series is an all outdoor licensed microwave link that greatly simplifies the installation requirements. Unlike the traditional split architecture (ODU-IDU) systems, The CM Series has zero footprint at the ground level without the need for climate-controlled equipment shelters and the associated site rental costs.
Cabling is also simplified with standard outdoor CAT5 runs only, rather than expensive and cumbersome RF cables. The POE module is outdoor rated and pole mountable. All that the customer needs to connect the POE module to a – 48V DC power source. It is that simple.
The CM Series radio features high output power up to 30dBm for long distance with a variety of frequency band and channel BW options. The addition of 256QAM modulation adds capacity for short-hop applications. The ACM feature will ensure that the radio will automatically switch to a more robust modulation in the event that the local RF condition worsens, thus preserving the link connection in most cases. The modulation switching is hitless — customers will not lose any data in the process.
Network Management can easily be performed with the built-in NMS support package. Both in and out-of-band options are available, which gives added flexibility for different network management preferences.
• Zero Foot Print Installation — No equipment shelter necessary.
• High Data Throughput — up to 360 Mbps, Full Duplex.
• High Power Radio — up to 30 dBm
• Gigabit Ethernet Interface.
• Outdoor-rated POE support — Only outdoor CAT5 cable runs needed.
• Wideband Support — up to 56 MHz (ETSI), 50 MHz (FCC).
• 802.1pq QoS and Large Frame Support.
• Hitless Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM).
• Built-in In and Out-of-Band NMS Support.
• Frequency Bands: 11, 18, 23 GHz
• Future Support for 6 — 38 GHz
• Channel BW
7, 14, 28, 56 MHz (ETSI)
10, 20, 30, 40, 50 MHz (FCC)
• Tx Power: 16 to 30 dBm
• Modulation: QPSK to 256 QAM
• In and Out-of-Band NMS Support
• Temp Range: -40 to 55 C
Gigabit Ethernet For data
Fast Ethernet for NMS
• POE support, Injector included.
• Power Consumption: 45W, typical.
• Dimensions: 10.5 (D) x 5.5 (H) in.
• Weight: 12.3 lbs